Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Runaway




I was addicted to my own pain
I reveled in it
Long past there being anything to gain 
From reliving the hurt that damn near drove me insane
But to let go means taking responsibility 
For my own growth 
My own healing
Opening myself up to the possibility 
That it could all. . .happen. . .again 
And so I continued to fiddle with strings of toxicity 
Institutionalized by my pain 
Unable to cope with “healthy” 
The triggers fire and anxiety swells
There’s got to be something wrong 
And I’d sit waiting for the other shoe to fall 
Only it wouldn’t . .  .but that can’t be 
So there I’d go digging into the recesses of my mind for old traumas to project 
Subconsciously leaking the poisons of the past 
Piecing together reasons to retreat 
Because it’s better to leave before the hurt
Right?! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig